SMART Recovery San Diego Newsletter
Summer is a time for growth in the SRSD community!
* Teen Meeting! A teen specific meeting now occurs on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30pm at 9820 Willow Creek Rd. in Scripps Ranch (Ages13-19).
* A new East County meeting started May 4th at the Casa de Oro Library Fridays from 1-2pm. 9805 Campo Rd. in Spring Valley.
Our next North County Coastal Expansion Team Meeting is June 14th at 1:15pm at CC.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please join us.
Our new North County Community Center should be unveiling next month!
There are multiple events happening that allow you to connect with our community:
- June 2, 9:45am, Community Walk at Tecolote Trail Head
- June 10 Bowling at Mira Mesa Bowl
- June 23, 7:30pm at C.C. Book Discussion, “Silent Scream” (read prior)
- July 8, McAlister Walk
- July 10, Padre Game, (Go Padres!)
- July 21, Talent Show
* Every second Saturday of the month at 7:30pm we have a Comedy/Improve Event at C.C.
* Every third Sunday of the month we have a nature hike, in June it is the 17th at 6:00pm at the Los Penasquitos West Trail Head.
* On the second Saturday of each month we hold a Community Development Meeting at C.C. All are welcome that would like to get more involved in the business aspect of SRSD and hosting meetings. We will not meet in June but will meet again July 14th, 9:30-11:30a
* Every Thursday afternoon we have crafting at C.C. from 1:30pm to 3:00pm, come relax and be creative!
Don’t forget that C.C. is open for handbooks, literature, questions, and general support surrounding SRSD from 1:00pm to 3:00pm every Thursday.
We continue to work with hosts and facilitators; we will train you for free and get you into a meeting. Call John Siegel, 619-750-4328.
All posted information is available in greater detail on our local website: www.smartrecoverysd.org